Moving with kids
- Get a children’s book on moving for smaller kids. Consider “The Berenstain Bears’ Moving Day.”
- If appropriate, let children pack their room.
- If possible, let kids pick a decoration (poster, light switch, name banner, etc.) for their new room.
- Pack a kid’s sized suitcase and let each child pick out a special you to keep with them and a special outfit to wear on “new home day”.
- If the child has a special dish or cup, include it in the kitchen “Open Me First” box so familiar items await them at their new place.
- Consider unpacking the kid’s room first, or at least their “Open Me First” boxes to help them settle in.